#1: To say I have one
#2 To run the playlist I like to play in the background
#3 To keep links I like to go to
I am now going to try to do this. Not daily, but maybe, we'll just see where this goes. If you're here, thanks for giving me hope.
So a bit about that playlist...I am a diehard fan of the Faces, Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Rod Stewart, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band and pretty much anything Ron Wood has ever decided to involve himself in. I am also a child of the 80's and that is obvious to anyone who knows me. Lesser know fact: I am a fan of Barry Manilow, Neil Diamond and the Bee Gees. I am also convinced that MacArthur's Park is one of the greatest songs ever written. Something about a cake in the rain really speaks to me. So don't even try to figure out my playlist. There are random more current songs that I heard and liked, though I'm never sure how I hear them.
Oh, and I need a blog header, but not sure how to make one. If you can tell me how I would be very grateful!
So I decided to try out for the Tally Scrapper Design team. This is one of those things that won't happen, but no harm in trying. Plus either way, I'm getting some pages done. It is an awesome site. I have already predicted who the winners will be, not posting that though. It's just one of those things I do. So, what is Tally Scrapper you ask.....Well I had done a challenge for the GutterGirlz (see links to the left) and did one about SEX! Well, I wasn't sure where to post it, since I wouldn't be able to post it anywhere I hang, so I e-mailed the gutter and they sent me to TallyScrapper. I joined and posted my layout. That was my intention. Post, go away. I couldn't go away though. The chicks over there rock! I can post anything and they're not freaking. They're supportive. It really is an awesome little community. Had to get a mini dictionary, but that's all good. They do a lot of fun stuff and the whole group is really welcoming. There's a chick who loves coffee and hates Thickers. To be honest, that's like finding my twin. I've also been claimed by one of the girls as "hers, " which I'm all good with. It's good to know who you belong to so there's no confusion. :-) There is of course a ton of rockin' people over there (one claims she's not a supermodel, but I know she is), don't have enough space to list 'em all. They do real life scrapbooking too, not that happy isn't real, but sometimes life ain't happy and Love when People scrap it! . I would post my pages I'm submitting for the Design Team, but I can't remember if I'm allowed to! You'll just have to wait! Oh, on their button, they let me claim I'm a creative genius, so that is just more evidence of their coolness. They also make some awesome kits: The current on is Vintage Brew by latte_grande. I totally love it and can't wait to play with it some more. I also got Outdoor Orchard by I don't know. But it is also awesome. I used both on one of my submissions so far.
My first digital layout won a challenge at TallyScrapper. I was totally stoked about this. I am not a digital scrapper. I like paper. I like the mess, I like the feel of paper and I like real buttons. I love looking at digi, but it's really not my thing. I decided to do a layout for a challenge though. I created it at ScrapBlog which is an awesome place for digital virgins like me. Here is my entry:

Journaling Reads:
I remember when my parents told me to turn down that trash. I thought they were uncool. I swore to always be hip when it came to music. Not even 40 years old and I listen to musicians that were established before my time. I think very few current people have true talent. These men have proved themselves to be legends at what they do. They set the standard and with each new album continue to raise the bar. I never grow tired of their music. It is truly art. I thank them for providing me with over 20 years of entertainment. I thank them for for still recording today. If I ever met them I would tell them.....U Rock!
So anyway, Thanks for stopping by my blog and checking out my ramblings. I'm gonna try to keep this updated.



9 comments:
Congrats on your blog!
Awesome blog! Love your playlist!
welcome to blogland! :)
Nice!! Love that you started a blog!! It's TOTALLY fine for you to post your pages now that they are up on Tally!! I haven't been in the gallery for the new team yet, but I will get there soon!! I'll be interested to see if your "picks" get the team spots, because it's always such a down to the last second thing each time!!
Rachel is right, it's always down to the last minute @ Tally. Don't count yourself out and stay positive!! LOVE your blog widgets, thanks so much for the link in the blogroll! ;)
I found you and read it. Great job. But I know the feeling I thought no body ever looked until I put Feedjit.com and saw people just don't comment :( but they do look. Keep up the good work!
Love your new blog! Congrats on trying new things, so glad to see it! :)
LOVE the blog and so glad you joined Tally with us
WElcome to blogworld! GReat blog!
Post a Comment